Monday, 21 January 2013
Day 21 : Bug Fix time.
Firstly - and how I didn't notice this before I don't know, in the right hand side the ASCII text was on the top half of the character area not the bottom half.
Secondly - and more embarrassingly, when I write to RAM I only write to the hardware device (via an Interface) if the address is <= 150 (i.e. display RAM or the sound byte).
However, I was testing the data so when I wrote a value of 150-255 to the display, nothing happened.
This didn't show up mainly because you don't write these values to the display normally, the values $80-$FF in display RAM all mean the same thing, a solid white block, and the hardware writes to values $97-$FF were ignored because there is no hardware there.
Anyway, I have fixed these and the emulator zip on the right has been updated.
L8R: I have added some extra functionality to the executive ROM, which has also been updated.